- 1 Key Note
- 4 Panels
What should industry be doing to set young people for success?
How do we shift the conversation from the industry as employers to the industry as partners.
What does it means to be an educator for 21st Century?
The role of various actors who influence the educator ecosystem: Who invests in their professional growth and keeps them inspired.
Navigating through systemic failures in education sector.
Real people with real stories from Samastipur, Bihar, bring examples of educators who facilitate continuous learning by engaging with the school, parents and communities.
Anytime, Anywhere Learning – exploring the possibility for learning outside classrooms.
We will look at examples of anytime, anywhere learning and how there are opportunities to adapt to one’s learner’s environment. Read More
- 3 Master Classes
- 4 Co-Labs
- 1 EdTech Centre
EdTech Experience Centre
Close Quest Interactive Installation
The installation will give you a zoomed in and zoomed out view of the experience Quest creates for learners, trainers and partners.
A hands on low cost lab where you can learn the basics of coding through the Quest toolkit. You can take a peek at government school student’s projects on the scratch platform, and try your hands at an hour of code.
Experience immersive virtual reality films for 2-3 minutes and we promise it will blow your mind.
3D printers and laser printers are here to stay and disrupt the future of making. You can print your own toy or make your own sign board.
- 1 Live Performance
CloseGhatam Witness women artists, Sukanya ji and Sumana ChandraShekhar, breaking barriers in Ghatam, a traditionally male art form. The performance has stories sprinkled across the 30 minutes.
200+ Educators, design thinkers, technologists, government officials and CSRs were here with a shared ambition to improve education and employability for learners.
As demand for online learning, adult education, and worldwide workforce development grows, our challenge is not only to build infrastructure, but also to design effective learning experiences, so that students stay engaged, discover new meaning, and achieve the desired outcomes
Digital learning environments present prime opportunities for innovation: They’re modular. They allow for individualized learning experiences. They expand the horizons of self-learners.
Strategies for Scale
Educators have begun seeking new approaches and systems that enable powerful, effective experiences. Examples of promising solutions – those that have achieved great results on a local level – are popping up around the globe. The immediate, natural questions are: How can more of us benefit from what others have created?
It’s cliché but true: Change is inevitable and constant. We have great compassion for how hard change can be, particularly within an institutionalized system. How do you create the space for new, unproven ideas, while a system is in motion?
click here to view themes
- How do we integrate life skills into our schools curriculum equipping students from low income backgrounds with skills to succeed?
- How do we create city based networks and support systems for young people to thrive?
- How do we build hyper local city-based networks of teachers and trainers, and effectively mobilize trainers offline?
- How do we create local entrepreneurial value chains?
THE EDUCATION-SKILLS DIVIDE
An education sans skills,
and skills without perspective.
The 2017 summit has ended.
Come back in a few months to get tickets for the next summit.
National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS), Bangalore
Indian Institute of Science Campus,
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560012
This year’sSPEAKERS & PANELISTS
- Aakash SethiExecutive Director, Quest Alliance
- Sasha Barab Director, Center for Games & Impact; Professor, Arizona State University
- Meena Wilson Executive Director, Genpact Center for Women’s Leadership
- Murugan Vasudevan Head, South Asia, Social Innovation Group, Cisco
- Mayank Bhateja Co-Founder, Lets Intern
- Anna Arici Learning Scientist, Arizona State University
- Pooja Rao Program Manager, Enable Academy, Enable India
- Jagdish Babu Chief Operating Officer, Ekstep
- Meeta SenGupta Founder, Center for Education Strategy and Advisor, STIR Education
- Paulomi Pal DGM-Sustainability, Godrej Consumer Products Limited
- Subir Shukla Principal Coordinator, IgnusERG
- Deepa Avashia School Leader, Riverside School
- Sonu Youth Panelist | Manager
- Ashwini Youth Panelist | Fitness Trainer
- Shailam Youth Panelist | Entrepreneur
- Smithu Youth Panelist | Office Assistant
- Deepak Youth Panelist | Trainer, Don Bosco Tech
- Ranadheer Kumar Cluster Resource Coordinator, Hasanpur, Samastipur, Bihar
- Lalit Kumar Singh Cluster Resource Coordinator, Khanpur, Samastipur, Bihar
- Prathibha Kumari Block Resource Person, Ujiarpur, Samastipur, Bihar
- Praveen Kumar Sinha Cluster Resource Coordinator, Pusa, Samastipur, Bihar
- Lezo Putsure Director, YouthNet, Nagaland
- Parth Sarwate Group Head – CSR, RPG Foundation
- Dr. Suman Dhawan Deputy Director, DTTE, New Delhi
- Virginia Sharma Director, LinkedIn Marketing Solutions